Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I Had A Dream

Two nights ago I had the most amazing real dream.  I had a dream that Lou and I found out we were pregnant.  We were excited and shocked that it happened so soon after our miscarriage.  The weirdest part (because even the best dreams are weird) was that there was no 9 months...All of a sudden we were having the baby. 

I don't remember much about the labor or delivery (probably better that way), but I do remember Lou, my mom and my grandma were there.  We had a baby girl and we took her home without a name. 

We took her to my grandparents house and my grandma was sitting on her couch (in her same old spot) and I laid our baby girl down on the couch and it felt like there were about 10 family members leaning over the kitchen counter to see her sleeping on the couch. 

The hospital kept calling and asking us to give them her name so that they could do the birth certificate.  We were going through name books while our sweet girl slept and trying out different names.  We ended up naming her Ivy.

The most amazing part...I remember kneeling down on the floor next to her (on the couch) and putting my face against her face and her smell was just so good.  It seemed so real...so real and so good. 

I woke up wanting to snuggle my face into a sleeping baby just to smell that amazing baby smell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No soliciting, no negative comments...this is my journey and my opinion. If you don't like it...quit reading my blog.