Sunday, October 10, 2010

Thank you Baby Jonah!

I held a baby for the first time in almost 2 years last weekend. 

This is such a big deal for someone like me.  As much as I always want to hold babies, I'm usually too nervous when the opportunity arises.  I am usually afraid that I won't want to give them back.  I am afraid that I will look awkward. I am afraid that the baby will start crying while I am holding them, and I won't be able to quiet them down and somehow that might mean that I don't have what it takes to be a mom.  Worst of all...I'm afraid that I will start crying and then oh what a scene that will be. 

This last weekend I finally held my cousin's baby boy Jonah.  He is almost not a baby-baby anymore (sorry Ashly)...he's already one.  He is starting to walk, but is just not quite confident enough to go go go yet.  He is such a good baby.  He has the cutest, sweetest face.  Most of all, I just loved holding him. 

I feel kind of proud of myself.  Thank you Jonah!
Hope I get to hold you again...soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No soliciting, no negative comments...this is my journey and my opinion. If you don't like it...quit reading my blog.